Sing to Learn!
Integrated Curriculum in Song is a dynamic resource of original songs which specifically target nation-wide outcomes for the first school year.
This complete teaching resource contains a CD of songs and a book with a list of targeted values and outcomes as well as practical 'Suggestions For Use' - everything from classroom activities to assembly items.
It provides an excellent values-based platform for students to learn curriculum content through music.
|A Class Family
Respects the rights of others in the class and identifies needs, roles and responsibilities of self and others
Understands and appreciates roles and responsibilities of each family member
Understands own role in contributing to the creation of a happy, healthy, safe classroom and discusses the different roles of people in the school
|Come To Your Senses
Identifies the five senses and appreciates ways in which they enrich life
|Our Class Rules – OK!
Shows consideration for the safety and happiness of others
Understands the difference between natural and built environments and identifies uses for both
|Places At School
Identifies the different areas that make up the school and the activities which occur there
Shows creativity and resourcefulness
|Keep It Clean!
Understands each person’s duty to clean up and care for the environment, with emphasis on reusing, reducing and recycling
|Where Does It Come From?
Makes the connection between people’s needs for everyday products and those who meet them
|Put A Smile On Your Dial
Contributes to creating a positive classroom atmosphere and
demonstrates care for self and others
Understands the need to respect the human body
|* Plus bonus backing track - "Imagination"
Integrated Curriculum in Song supports:
- Values-based learning for Lower Primary School students
- Outcomes of Primary School Curriculum (Society and Environment, Creative Arts, Science and Technology, Health and Physical Development)
- Lower Primary School teachers, non-musical and musical alike
- It is well known that music has universal appeal to students of all ages and abilities. The songs in this resource have catchy melodies and memorable lyrics. They convey and reinforce important messages, move the emotions, entertain and challenge. They alsoprovide opportunities for students to explore musical concepts through a variety of activities.
- Integrated Curriculum in Song will raise awareness and understanding of core values, enabling students to lead healthy, productive and fulfilling lives. Each song in this resource is jam-packed with values-based curriculum content which can help unlock each student's potential and create caring, effective and contributing members of society.
- Integrated Curriculum in Song is designed for use in the classroom and wider school context.
- Students will love singing these values-based songs without even realising they are learning!
- Simple tips
- Use songs for introduction of new units of work, discussion, reinforcement of content or simply setting the mood for the day
- Emphasise different verses at different stages of learning
- Listen to the song - repetition, repetition, repetition
- Maximise class participation by learning chorus first
- Remember - there's 'A Lesson In Every Lyric'. Unpack songs line by line
- Make use of bonus 'Imagination' backing track to encourage creativity and unlock imagination
- Refer to Curriculum document for definitions of musical terms
'A Lesson in Every Lyric' ®